The sign is in the yard, and your home is now on the MLS. Buyers will want to see your home ASAP. Here’s what you do before each showing:
1) Turn on all the lights.
– Bring out the colors, show off light fixtures, appear warm and inspiring. A well lit home is an attractive home.
2) Close the toilet bowl lids.
– So simple, yet so affective. It keeps the Buyers mind from diverting to unnecessary images.
3) Bake cookies or a bread.
– Oldest trick in the book. It still works. Delicious smells illicit sweet home memories.
4) Clear any clutter from the entry way…shoes, bags, umbrellas, dog leash..whatever. Just make it easy to enter.
5) Make sure the temperature is appealing. Not too hot. Not too cold. You want the Buyers to feel as comfortable as possible.
Whether you are selling in Kirkland or Carnation, I can help you with sound data and 10+ years experience in Real Estate.
Open Houses are fun, informative and accessible. Here are 5 you should see. Better yet, call me and I will take you personally.
1) Upland Green: $423,000…..13617 135th Ave NE
2) North Rose Hill: $423,000….. 13021 NE 100th St
3) Juanita: $449,950…..7712 NE 141st St
4) North Rose Hill: $499,000…..11204 127th Ave NE
5) East of Market: $1,000,000…..1217 1st St
Cafe Rococo might be my most favorite….sip sip.
6 Public Docks
2 Weekly Farmers Markets (June- September)
– Kirkland Wednesday Market
– and Juanita Beach Park Farmers Market
75/100 on Walkscore
18 Distinct Neighborhoods
8 Roasty places to fuel your caffeine addiction
138 Homes Currently For Sale
67 Condos Currently For Sale
215 Single Family Homes SOLD in the last 6 months: $250,000-5.5Mil
187 Condominiums SOLD in the last six months: $63,000- 4.79 Mil
$26,928 Possibly the most expensive annual taxes I’ve seen in Kirkland*
* on a home Sold for 5.5 Mil in Houghton (10316 NE 60th St.)
3 Homes that sold in the last 6 months, all for $640,000
As pictured: East of Market, Holmes Point, North Rose Hill.
7.4% Increase in home prices compared to April 2013.
Forbes Creek Stairs. All 176+ of them, I think. I lose count every time. Probably because I can’t breathe by the time I get to the top.
The proof is in the pudding. Check out what this will do for your gluteus maximus.
Not sure how to find them? Turn East at the Fire Station on Market Street as you are Headed into Juanita.
There is a small parking lot at the base of the stairs. It’s mostly shaded so you won’t get too hot. Even on a day like today… forecast call for *sunny* 77 degrees! So put a good play list together and off you go.
So you want to live in the DTK huh? I mean, who wouldn’t want to live in Downtown Kirkland anyway? Water views, lots of parks, tennis courts, trails, playgrounds, awesome restaurants and nightlife and everyone on the Eastside wants a piece.
By the way…
The Second Friday Art and Wine Walk is finally here! Featuring fabulous art and wine at the Kirkland Warehouse Wineries in Kirkland.
Ready to make Kirkland your permanent address? Here are 12 Condos for sale right now that range from 250,000 to 1.5Mil with my own notes about the location or condo complex.
(Click Image to Enlarge)
Just 22 days into the new year of 2014 and everyone is asking, “Is now the right time to sell?” Historically, the Winter and Spring market is known for increasing inventory and a robust buyer’s market. But there is a lack of competition (AKA Listings) in Kirkland and many other Eastside neighborhoods which lead me to answer boldly: YES!
Every day I log onto the NWMLS and scour for new listings to show. And every Sunday at open houses I meet buyers and they are all asking me the same thing: “Where are all the houses for sale?”
There are just not enough homes on the market!
And who wouldn’t want to live here anyway? Last year I helped three out-of-state buyers relocate to our beautiful city.
Kirkland is a great place to live. I brag on my city as much as I can. Our Lake Washington view walks and sidewalk lined streets are highly desirable. Even the city encourages you with brightly posted signs to EXPORE!
Did you know there are 96 parks between Juanita to Yarrow Point?