Agents and Buyers spend a lot of time together. You need to be a good match!
In fact, its a lot like dating…you should have a lot of common interests, get along well and have good commincation.
Think about how much time you spend on the phone, in the car, in and out of homes.
Here are 3 crucial questions you should ask the Realtor you’re considering working with:
1) How many homes have you sold THIS YEAR?
– You want their experience to be current! An agent who answers anything under 12 is not doing enough business to know the current trends in the market
2) When are you available to show me houses?
– The fact of the matter is, nights and weekends is when you are mostly off work. So that should be there answer. And in this market, the better answer is- as SOON as a home comes on the market.
3) Where is your area of expertise?
– If they answer “everywhere” or “anywhere” they are not the agent for you. How can one agent know EVERY neighborhood in ANY city? Find an agent that is hyper focused in an area.
*PS* a good agent is interviewing you too! Don’t forget, we need to like who we work for too. So be specific about your needs and wants!